We are seeking a part-time Research & Evaluation Assistant to join our team as a consultant. As a qualified candidate, you will lead our on-the-ground data collection, with primary focus on one of the Academies. This includes conducting interviews with students, mentors, and parents, administering surveys, observing regularly at the school, and leading focus groups to help us improve Quest Forward Learning. You will report to the Director of Research and Evaluation, but will communicate regularly with the school’s Director, as well.
Who We Are
We’re a non-governmental organization (NGO) that aims to activate lifelong curiosity in each student we work with, cultivating the mindset, essential habits, and skills to succeed in life and work. Opportunity Education’s Quest Forward Learning is a learning ecosystem that supports students, teachers and curriculum designers worldwide. It’s built on three core components: a methodology for active learning, ready-to-use curriculum materials, and mobile and web apps that power learning, mentoring, and content development. Our curricular materials and learning experiences are called “quests” and they’re designed to empower and inspire young people to become engaged observers and active agents in the world. We work closely with two Quest Forward Academies, one located in Omaha, NE and one in Santa Rosa, CA and work with other schools in the US and worldwide.
- Visit the school to observe, gather feedback, and assist with evaluation needs.
- Interview students, parents, and mentors each semester.
- Conduct focus groups to support our product design team.
- Help administer surveys.
- Communicate frequently with the Research and Evaluation team, including weekly Google Hangouts and via Slack.
- Travel every three to six months for team meetings, which typically require 2-3 work days.
- High standard of quality and ability to evaluate your own work critically.
- Intense curiosity about learning and motivation.
- Ability to work very efficiently on your own, and know when to reach out and collaborate.
- Eagerness to develop and share new ideas.
- Excel at giving and receiving thoughtful and respectful feedback and critiques.
- Have strong beliefs, loosely held, about what is best for our products and end users.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- M.A. or M.S. in education, learning sciences, or research methodology preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience with qualitative research methods.
- Located in Omaha, NE or Santa Rosa, CA.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.