Name: St. James Anglican Basic School 'A'
Address:P.O. Box 212
Agona Swedru, Central Region
- Sadie Curtis Primary School, Nassau, NP Bahamas
St. James Anglican Basic School A was started by the English Church Mission as an infant school in 1946. Classes were initially held in a chapel and sometimes under trees. The current buildings were built in 1954. The school now (5/15) serves 245 children from nursery through grade 7. There are 17 teachers and 11 classrooms. No fees are charged and the school relies on a capitation grant from the government. The school serves many orphans and many other children have to walk very long distances to attend. The school would like computers to teach ICT and more sports equipment and jerseys. It performs well in inter-school soccer, singing competitions and quizzes.