Job Description: Sr. Front-End Engineer (React Native)
About the Role
We are looking for a skilled React Native developer to join our development team. In this role, you will be responsible for maintaining, updating and troubleshooting our React Native/Expo mobile app. You will be responsible for profiling and improving the performance of this application.
This is a contract role that will require full-time work for 3-6 months. After completion of the current project, the role may convert to full time employment (or remain contract status) for related projects.
- Developing and implementing highly responsive user interface components using React.
- Troubleshooting interface software and debugging application code.
- Developing and implementing front-end architecture to support user interface concepts.
- Monitoring and improving front-end performance and stability.
- Documenting application changes and developing updates
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or a similar experience.
- Previous experience building production apps with React Native.
- Knowledge of front-end tools, including React, Webpack, Redux, React Router, React Query.
- Strong knowledge of Git and Git workflows.
- Knowledge of performance testing frameworks, including Jest.
- Experience with React Native debugging tools.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Good project management skills.
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Experience with Redux Sagas.
- Experience developing with offline-first strategies.
- Experience using Expo.
- A mature, empathetic perspective on teamwork, problem solving, and the value of our mission to improve education for young people worldwide.
- Willingness to grow personally and professionally.
- High standard of quality and ability to evaluate own work critically.
- Commitment to timeliness and deadlines.
- Ability to work productively with interdisciplinary teams.
- Ability and commitment to collaborate with others on new ideas, and to give and receive thoughtful and respectful feedback.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time and prioritize appropriately, and to maintain focus when priorities evolve and change.
- Ability to solve problems independently and collaboratively, with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively remotely, with a fully remote team.
About Opportunity Education
Opportunity Education (OE) is a non-profit foundation focused on learning innovation in the US and overseas. With a fully remote team of 20+ in the US, and an in-office team of 18 in Tanzania, we create resources, curriculum and tools needed by teachers to enable students to engage, own their learning process, and learn effectively from feedback.
OE was founded by entrepreneur philanthropist Joe Ricketts in 2005 and has served over 1 million students in 11 countries. For more about our work, visit us at www.opportunityeducation.org.
To apply or for more information about these roles, contact Andrew Fredette.