About the Role
The role owns content strategy, all copywriting for our website and promotional materials, and also leads our search marketing activities. The Content Strategist works closely with OE’s Manager, Social Media Marketing and OE’s Creative Director.
As part of the strategy development effort, this role also participates in strategic brand development and product marketing activities to support both effectively.
Lead Content Strategy and Copywriting for Web and Promotional Materials
- Research education marketing trends
- Understand how our competition positions themselves and their products and establish best practices to follow
- Develop strategies to position Opportunity Education as a program-focused non-profit competing in the ed-tech space, and develop authentic and effective strategies for pitching our products and services to teachers
- Develop content strategies and write all copy for the OE website and develop promotional materials for each of OE product and service lines
- Evaluate content effectiveness with focus groups and other stakeholder engagement methods.
Lead Search Marketing Activities
- Regularly evaluate SEM strategies, keywords used by competitors, and campaigns in the teacher resources and tools space
- Develop strategies for SEM activities, and implement those campaigns
- Work closely with the Manager, Social Media Marketing on coordinating SEM campaigns with influencer campaigns as appropriate
Own Analysis and Reporting
- Upgrade our tools for managing search campaigns and drive implementation and use (we currently use GA4)
- Manage our analytics setup, tooling and tracking for SEM activities
- Collect analytics data and report on it daily, weekly and monthly, including web traffic and subscription starts resulting from social campaigns
- Produce a monthly summary report on all SEM activities and results during the prior month.
- The position reports to the VP, Marketing
- The position is fully remote, with limited/occasional travel for team meetings or events
- The position will work closely with OE’s Manager, Social Media Marketing to create monthly marketing plans, as well as with OE’s Creative Director.
- Experience requirements: 4 years in content strategy/copywriting, and 2 years of search marketing experience. Teaching experience strongly preferred by not required.
- Education requirement: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, relevant work experience.
About Opportunity Education
Opportunity Education (OE) is a non-profit foundation focused on learning innovation in the US and overseas. With a fully remote team of 20+ in the US, and an in-office team of 18 in Tanzania, we create resources, curriculum and tools needed by teachers to enable students to engage, own their learning process, and learn effectively from feedback.
OE was founded by entrepreneur philanthropist Joe Ricketts in 2005 and has served over 1 million students in 11 countries.
To apply or for more information about these roles, contact Manuel Mattke.