Manager, Social Media Marketing
About the Role
The role leads the development of influencer marketing strategies, identifies suitable teacher influencers, and implements influencer campaigns to drive OE’s teacher resources and tool subscriptions. The Manager also owns organic social media campaigns to support influencer campaigns as needed.
As part of the strategy development effort, this role also participates in strategic brand development and product marketing activities to support both effectively.
Lead Strategy and Implementation for Influencer Marketing
- Research education marketing trends focused on influencer marketing
- Understand our competition and how they use social media, and specifically influencers, and establish best practices to follow
- Develop strategies for identifying appropriate influencers based on their follower and activity stats, as well as cost to engage them
- Research teacher influencers, reach out to them and establish relationships with them
- Write influencer project briefs, negotiate contracts, function as point of contact for each influencer.
- Revise influencer engagements based on performance.
Drive Organic Social Media and Lead Community Management
- Working closely with OE’s Content Strategist and OE’s Creative Director, plan and implement organic/paid social media campaigns, usually related to influencer campaigns to highlight/extend those.
- Engage with followers and customers on our social platforms and manage our social communities on our platforms of choice (Instagram/Facebook, TikTok, LinkedIn, YouTube, Pinterest).
Own Analysis and Reporting
- Upgrade our tools for managing social campaigns and drive implementation and use (we currently use Hootsuite)
- Manage our analytics setup, tooling and tracking for social campaigns
- Collect analytics data and report on it daily, weekly and monthly, including web traffic and subscription starts resulting from social campaigns
- Produce a monthly summary report on all owned social and influencer marketing activities and results during the prior month.
- The position reports to the VP, Marketing
- The position is fully remote, with limited/occasional travel for team meetings or events
- The position will work closely with OE’s Content Strategist to create monthly marketing plans, as well as with OE’s Creative Director to provide brand assets to influencers and to implement social campaigns.
- Experience requirements: 4 years in social media marketing, with 1 year of influencer marketing experience. Teaching experience strongly preferred by not required.
- Education requirement: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, relevant work experience.
About Opportunity Education
Opportunity Education (OE) is a non-profit foundation focused on learning innovation in the US and overseas. With a fully remote team of 20+ in the US, and an in-office team of 18 in Tanzania, we create resources, curriculum and tools needed by teachers to enable students to engage, own their learning process, and learn effectively from feedback.
OE was founded by entrepreneur philanthropist Joe Ricketts in 2005 and has served over 1 million students in 11 countries.
To apply or for more information about these roles, contact Manuel Mattke.