About the Role
Opportunity Education is seeking a skilled Product Designer to join our development team. In this role, you will be responsible for designing interfaces and experiences for web and mobile applications used in schools across the US. This role is full time and fully remote, with preference for candidates based in the Denver or Seattle.
The Designer is responsible for the following activities and outcomes:
- Design user interfaces and responsive layouts for web apps, mobile apps, and browser extensions.
- Ground all design work in solving users’ challenges. Consider user experiences and flows to make OE’s apps fun, helpful, and easy to use.
- Write concise, intuitive headings, instructions and other necessary text throughout designs.
- Provide all design assets and documentation needed to the engineering team during the development process.
- Collaborate with other designers and the marketing team to apply common components and branding for consistency across products.
- Incorporate customer feedback and application analytic data into designs and planning.
- Work closely with the Director of Product Strategy to define specifications for features or prioritize product roadmaps based on customer needs.
The Opportunity Education team is distributed across various US and overseas locations. To work effectively, the Product Designer should display the following characteristics:
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong understanding of experience design
- Commitment to a design style and library of components
- High standard of quality and ability to evaluate your work critically
- Commitment to timeliness and deadlines established by the organization
- Ability to work very efficiently on your, and know when to reach out and collaborate
- Eagerness to develop and share new ideas
- Ability and commitment to give and receive thoughtful and respectful feedback
- Have strong beliefs, loosely held, about what is best for our products and our end users
- Excellent communication skills
- 3+ years of experience leading UI/UX design for an app or web tool
- Have a portfolio of design work that includes mobile and web apps
- Have a working knowledge of front-end development and software engineering
- Excellent with Figma
- Proficient with Jira and other collaboration tools
- Work well remotely, as well as communicate often with a small, collaborative team.
- Preferably based in the Seattle or Denver area.
About Opportunity Education
Opportunity Education (OE) is a non-profit foundation focused on learning innovation in the US and overseas. With a fully remote team of 20+ in the US, and an in-office team of 18 in Tanzania, we create resources, curriculum and tools needed by teachers to enable students to engage, own their learning process, and learn effectively from feedback.
OE was founded by entrepreneur philanthropist Joe Ricketts in 2005 and has served over 1 million students in 11 countries.
To apply or for more information about these roles, contact Kelsey Drewes.