I am a Kansas City native with strong family ties to Saint Louis, so my favorite baseball games are Royals v. Cardinals. I am the blessed momma of Emma, Elliot, and Violet. I enjoy hiking in the mountains and practicing yoga. One of my favorite pastimes is lounging on the lake and the occasional trout fishing (especially when the fish are biting). I love to sing and play the ukulele. I own a ridiculous amount of books, doTERRA essential oils, and coffee mugs (preferably with a hot cup of joe inside).
Roles at Quest Forward Academy
2020 is my first year at QFA, and I am so excited to meet you all! I am the PE mentor and I am excited to give my students some much needed time outside. I feel very strongly that physical education and movement is important to every child’s physical, emotional, and mental health.
- I have a doctorate from University of Nebraska at Omaha in Educational Leadership with a Superintendent’s Certification.
- I have an ED Specialist and Master’s of Arts in Teaching from University of Central Missouri with an emphasis in Urban Administration with a Principal Certification and English Language Arts and Theater Certificate.
- I have a Bachelor’s of Fine Arts in Theater from Southwest Missouri State University.
Before Quest Forward Academy
Return to About Us
- Executive Director of Inquisitive Arts Initiative, a local non-profit organization that provides music therapy to the elderly, music lessons to youth, and performance opportunities for underserved populations.
- I taught a variety of positions for Omaha Public Schools for five years.
- I taught English at a French Immersion charter school in Kansas City for eight years.