Born and raised in Kansas, I came to Nebraska initially for my last two years of college and (after a bit of time in other states) have lived in Omaha for the past eleven-plus years.
Both of my parents were educators, giving me an up-close look at the motivations, challenges, and rewards of the profession. What I saw then still serves as inspiration for me to this day.
Roles at Quest Forward Academy
The ‘20-’21 school year is my first at QFA, and I am mentoring sections of FP, EP1, and EP2 science. Additionally, I am the sponsor of Sports Club.
As a science mentor, it is my goal to find ways to make the content relevant to students’ everyday lives. In doing so, I look for ways to share my own curiosity in hopes that they will be more likely to ask “why” and “how” about the world around them.
- B.S. in Physical Science Education
- M.S. in Educational Psychology
- M.S. in Instructional Technology
Before Quest Forward Academy
Return to About Us
- I have 20 years of previous teaching experience (Wichita, KS; Las Vegas, NV; Elkhorn, NE)
- I was a varsity coach, primarily for baseball (four years head coach, nine years an assistant) but also basketball and football.
- I spent three summers as the Athletic Director for baseball with Sports Ambassadors, an educational overseas travel organization for middle- and high-school students that promoted international athletic competition. I was a coach for three prior summers.
- I spent two years as an energy consultant prior to QFA.