Vice President, School Network
A Transformative Leadership Opportunity
Reporting to the President & COO, you will be at the forefront of driving the ongoing development and performance of OE’s school network. Your mission is to ensure the success of each school within the network by providing visionary leadership oversight, innovative professional learning services, cutting-edge curriculum and resource support, advanced classroom technology solutions, and comprehensive evaluation support.
Your primary collaborators will be school principals, education services provider partners, government officials involved in authorizing and funding schools, and local officials. As the leader of the School Network team, you will lead, manage, and inspire a dynamic group of professionals dedicated to expanding the scope of OE’s school network. This team includes expert professional learning specialists, technology support specialists, evaluation specialists, and other support-focused professionals. The position is fully remote, with frequent travel to network school sites, meetings, and events.
Our ambitious vision for this role is to grow OE’s school network to over 100 schools by 2030. Your strategic leadership will be instrumental in ensuring that network schools set the standard for educational services among US charter schools. By fostering an environment of excellence, you will contribute to the goal of every student in network schools graduating with a best-fit path to success.
Provide Oversight and Support to Network School
- Work closely with school principals on strategic planning for teacher development, learning practices and methods, classroom standards and practices, to ensure effective implementation of the OE Quest Forward teaching and learning frameworks.
- Support principals with curriculum selection, standards mapping and curriculum implementation, including OE’s Pathways Program curriculum.
- Support principals with relationships with authorizers and local government officials.
- Create and execute network-wide events for principals and teachers to ensure alignment and growth within the network.
Expand the OE Network of Charter and Independent Schools
- Ensure continued growth of the network through the selection of potential charter school locations, and work closely with OE’s Sr Director, Network Growth on the development, submission, and approval of charter school applications.
- Lead the effective opening of approved schools, including helping each school’s board staff the school’s leadership, sourcing school buildings (lease or build), staffing school leadership, marketing, and launch.
- Collaborate closely with operational partners, authorizers, and local officials to guarantee smooth opening and effective operation of all schools.
Provide Strategic Oversight to School Management
- Oversee the development, implementation, and monitoring of OE’s network fiscal budget, ensuring efficient use of resources.
- Assist and lead the process for recruiting, hiring, retaining, and promoting highly effective administrators and teaching staff.
- Effectively plan, develop, and facilitate high quality, data-driven professional development for principals, teachers, and support staff.
Drive Impact Analysis and Reporting
- Establish effective reporting and evaluation systems, processes, and tools to track student, teacher, and school performance using OE’s software tools and additional data sources (gradebooks, attendance systems, input from internship partners, and more) for both qualitative and quantitative evaluation of each school’s impact on student learning and growth.
- Work closely with principals and their designated staff to ensure a consistent data flow from each school, active participation in evaluation processes by the school, and rapid implementation of evaluation insights on a regular basis.
- Work closely with OE’s Chief Learning Officer to summarize and publish both internal impact evaluation reports (quarterly) and public-facing impact reports (annually).
The ideal candidate will possess a strategic mindset, visionary leadership skills, and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Bachelor’s degree in educational administration or a related field (master’s degree or EdD preferred).
- 15+ years of experience working in K-12 public/private/charter-school education.
- 5+ years of people management experience, including 3 years of district level executive leadership experience.
- Extensive experience in the design, integration, implementation, and management of a school including knowledge of curriculum, instructional practices, assessments, pedagogy, school management, and leadership development.
- Demonstrated ability to make informed decisions based on data analysis, using key performance indicators and relevant metrics to drive continuous improvement in educational processes and outcomes.
- Track record of achieving measurable results in improving educational outcomes, school performance, and overall success metrics.
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively with various stakeholders, including school principals, education services providers, government officials, and local authorities.
- Proven ability to recruit and retain exceptionally talented, diverse, and culturally proficient individuals to build effective teams to deliver results for students.
- Fiscal expertise with first-hand oversight of and responsibility for school budgets
- Mission-Driven: A deep commitment to and alignment with OE’s mission of redefining the possibilities of education, ensuring that every action and decision contributes to the organization’s overarching goal.
- Educational Excellence: Dedication to achieving and maintaining high standards of educational excellence within the school network, ensuring that all aspects of teaching and learning meet or exceed established benchmarks.
- Adaptability: Flexibility and adaptability to navigate the evolving landscape of education, adjusting strategies and approaches to meet the dynamic needs of the school network.
- Collaborative Approach: A collaborative and inclusive mindset, fostering teamwork and building positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders to achieve common goals.
- Passionate Advocate: Demonstrated passion for education as a dedicated advocate for both educators and students, striving to create an environment that supports their growth and success.
- Growth Mindset: Possession of a growth mindset, embracing challenges and viewing failures as opportunities for learning and improvement.
- Accountability: Demonstrated sense of accountability, taking responsibility for decisions and actions, and ensuring that commitments are met in alignment with the organization’s goals.
- Results Orientation: A results-driven approach, with a commitment to achieving measurable outcomes and enhancing the overall success metrics of the school network.
- Entrepreneurial Drive: A strong entrepreneurial spirit, demonstrating the ability to identify and pursue innovative opportunities, secure resources, and navigate the complexities of educational leadership with an enterprising mindset, tempered with humility that acknowledges the collaborative nature of entrepreneurial success.
About Opportunity Education
Opportunity Education is a charitable foundation with the mission of developing and supporting life-changing learning programs for young adults worldwide.
Founded in 2005 by entrepreneur philanthropist Joe Ricketts, Opportunity Education has supported programs in 12 countries across primary and secondary grades, serving over 1 million students and over 5,000 teachers in 1,500 schools.
Leveraging its expertise in learning science, Opportunity Education developed Quest Forward Learning, a method, curriculum, professional learning resources and classroom tools that promote student engagement and success through active learning and effective feedback. In 2017, we established two Quest Forward High Schools in the U.S., founded on the principles of Quest Forward Learning, and are now building out a national charter school network.
If you are passionate about revolutionizing education, driving innovation, and making a lasting impact on the future of students across the nation, please send your resume to Glenn Fox, Managing Partner Fox Recruiting Group