Professional Learning Specialist
Full-Time | Remote | Position Location: Bay Area or Northern California, USA
The Professional Learning Specialist helps educators successfully adopt Quest Forward Learning in their schools. The Specialist helps US school personnel deeply understand the Quest Forward Learning model and curriculum and transform both their own practices and school to better support student growth. Quest Forward Learning offers high-quality secondary education in schools across the world.
The Professional Learning Specialist takes on responsibilities in the key three areas:
Coaching and Support
- Providing remote or in-person coaching support to schools in Opportunity Education’s Network
- Collaborating with internal Opportunity Education teams to communicate curriculum resources and platform releases to active schools
- Serving as a liaison between internal teams and teacher coaches/school leadership
Event and Materials Design
- Creating scalable and model-aligned professional learning opportunities, both synchronous and asynchronous, for a growing network of Quest Forward Learning schools and educators
- Coordinating and facilitating ongoing staff development events, in collaboration with leadership at Quest Forward Network schools, as well as internal Opportunity Education teams, that employ research-based practices for adult learning
- Composing tailored professional learning materials for teachers and school leaders
- Summarizing key insights from events
Discovery and Communication
- Gathering feedback and regularly reviewing school activity and performance data and identifying needs
- Participating actively in Opportunity Education team meetings, events, and internal trainings
- Representing Opportunity Education both regionally and nationally through publications, social media activity, meetups, and conferences
We are looking for a professional who can confidently lead a variety of workshops and webinars for adult learners and who also has high-school classroom teaching experience. The ideal candidate can coach and manage engagements across multiple schools, enjoys teaching and learning, and is flexible and a team player.
The Opportunity Education Quest Forward Learning Team is distributed across various US locations. To work effectively, the Specialist should display the following characteristics:
- High standard of quality and ability to evaluate their own work critically
- Comfort and experience with innovative classroom environments in grades 9–12
- Commitment to timeliness and deadlines
- Ability to work very efficiently on their own, and knows when to reach out and collaborate
- Eagerness to develop and share new ideas
- Ability and commitment to give and receive thoughtful and respectful feedback and critiques
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- High level of facility and comfort with technology
Master’s degree or equivalent
5+ years of high school teaching, professional training and/or support experience
Required Location: Bay Area or Northern California, USA
The Professional Learning Specialist reports to Opportunity Education’s Director of Professional Learning.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and any other relevant materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.